Chalmers B and B Tourist Information
Ayr has Fantastic pubs, restaurants, Golf Courses, Shopping and the Ayrshire Coast all on your doorstep.
Chalmers accommodation in Ayr is only 10 minutes walk to Ayr’s town centre but offers free transport to local Golf Courses, Restaurants and Shops.
Transport in our private car can be arranged for Tours and Excursions.
The following are just some of the Events around Ayr and Ayrshire throughout the year.
- Discounted Golf is available just 5 minutes from Chalmers at the wonderful Belleisle and Seafield courses and just 20 minutes to Lochgreen and Darley municipal courses in Troon.
- The Championship Golf courses of Turnberry & Royal Troon and Old Prestwick, Kilmarnock Barassie GC, Irvine Bogside GC, Glasgow GC and Western Gailes GC are within 30 minutes of Chalmers B&B.
- Horse Racing at Scotland’s Premier Racecourse (Ayr racecourse) occur every month of the year including the Scottish Grand National (April) and the Ayr Gold Cup (September).
- Ayr Gaiety Theatre.
- Burns an' a' that Festival (May)
- Harley Davidson Gathering (Ayr Racecourse May)
- A trip to Arran.
- Shopping trips to Ayr, Troon, Prestwick and Glasgow.
- National Bowling Tournaments at Northfield Bowling Club.
- Ayr Flower Show (August)
- An Excursion to Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae via Largs.
- Kelburn Country Park, Largs
- An excursion to the Isle of Bute (Rothsay) via Wemyss Bay.
- Culzean Castle and Country Park (events all year)
- Sail on the Famous Paddle Steamer Waverley
- Beautiful walks along Ayr's shore front.
- A Drive/ or Tour to Dunure, The Maidens, Turnberry, Largs and other destinations.
- Rozelle and Belleisle Parks
- Burns Cottage & Heritage Centre (2 minutes from Chalmers)
- The River Ayr Walk
Sporting facilities are plentiful with leisure and sporting centres, golfing, fishing, indoor bowling and ten pin bowling.
We can supply any sporting information required and can assist with bookings etc.
Restaurants & Pubs
Saffy’s Restaurant, Ayr
t: 01292 288598
Carrick Lodge, Ayr
Golf Clubs in Ayrshire
Dundonald Links (Loch Lomond) Golf Club
Kilmarnock Barassie Golf Club
South Ayrshire Golf
Turnberry Championship Golf Course
St Nicholas Golf Club Prestwick
The National Trust for Scotland & Robert Burns Birthplace Museum
Come Back to Ayrshire
Ayr Race Course
Paddle Steamer Waverley
Discover Scotland Tours